Annapurna Base Camp
Trip Cost-$800 (USD)
(All Inclusive Price)
- Trip Grade-:Moderate
- Max. Altitude-:4130m
- Transport we Usage -:Public + Private Vehicles
- Accommodation-:2 to 3 Star at major Cities And Tea Houses at Trek
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a rigorous 7-11 day trek; once again there are various options depending on what your requirements are and which areas you may choose to trek through and whether you would like to make it a a more gentle and easy one, in which case you may have to opt for a 14 day itinerary.
After your arrival in Kathmandu and having seen the prominent cultural, historical sights of Kathmandu you may either take the short 20 plus minute flight or the seven hour minivan / bus drive to the Lakeside capital of Nepal, Pokhara which will serve as your staging post for the trek. Pokhara itself is a scenic town that gives you an insight as to what to expect on your trek in the Annapurna region. Machhapuchare ( Mt. Fishtail 6993 m ) is seems to jut out from the valley and stands towering over the lake and town of Pokhara.
You will take a 1 ½ drive from Pokhara to Nayapool and then proceed to Gorepani. Your trek will give you an opportunity to stand atop Poon Hill. Poon Hill is one of the best vantage points in the country to get one of the most breathtaking views of the Annapurna Massif and is particularly stunning at sunrise and sunset. From Gorepani, you trek eastwards to Chomjong. You will also encounter the Modi Khola Valley until you finally make it to Annapurna Base Camp ( 4130 m ).
On your trek in the Annapurna Valley, you will treated to some spectacular scenery, farmlands and enchanting Gurung community settlements and hamlets. The Gurung people are predominantly a business community and a vast majority serve in the British and Indian armies. Ghandruk and Landruk are typical Gurung villages. The trek will also take you past hot springs, waterfalls and rhododendron forests.
After your trek, You will return to Pokhara for a well-deserved bottle of chilled beer and vibrant night life with its wide selection of restaurants and pubs. The next day will be your flight back to Kathmandu.
- Day 01-Arrival in Kathmandu ( 1350 metres ):-After landing in Kathmandu, a representative from Adventure Steps will whisk you away to your hotel. Along with a welcome drink in the evening, you will be given a comprehensive briefing about your trek.
- Day 02- Sightseeing In Kathmandu:-Today you will be taken on a full day of sightseeing to visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites like Kathmandu Durbar Square, Boudhanath, Swayambunath ( The Monkey Temple ) and Pashupatinath all within the Kathmandu Valley. A well versed tour guide will accompany you for a guided tour.
- Day 03-Drive to Pokhara ( 800 metres ) OR an Optional 25 minute flight:-Straight after breakfast, you will take a scenic drive to Pokhara ( 200 km ) which will take approx. 6 – 7 hours by a luxury tourist bus. The drive itself will stimulate your senses as you go past scenic terraced fields along the Trishuli and Marshyangdi Rivers. Views of Ganesh Hima, Manaslu, Lamjung and Annapurna ranges are breathtaking. We will have an appetizing lunch en route.
- Day 04-Drive to Nayapool and trek to Tikhedhunga ( 1525 metres ):-We will take a drive to Nayapool and proceed on our trek to Tikhedhunga ( 1525 m ). This an easy hike of about 3 hours through Birethanti and Ramghai. Our traverse takes us through the banks of Burundi Khola. Overnight stay at a lodge.
- Day 05-Trek to Ghorepani ( 2800 metres ):-We make a fairly early start after breakfast ( 8:00 am ). The day will see a relatively challenging ascent or walk up a stone staircase to Ulleri for about one and a half hours. We will take a lunch greak at Banthanti from where the trail passes through flaming red rhododendron and oak forests. The hike to Ghorepani is a total of about 6-7 hours. Overnight stay at a lodge.
- Day 06-Trek to Poon Hill ( 3200 metres ) and to Tadapani ( 2570 metres ):-The onset of dawn takes us on a hike up to Poon Hill for a brilliant view of the Himalayan peaks as the sun's rays casts varying colours. The view from here is panoramic and exhilarating. The 400 metre hike up to this vantage point takes 45 minutes. The view of the spectacular sunrise and snow clad peaks is followed by breakfast back at the hotel. After an energizing breakfast, we proceed on our trek to Tadapani ( 2540 meters ). Overnight stay at a lodge.
- Day 07-Trek to Chhumrung ( 2170 metres ):-After leaving Tadapani, the trail winds down through lush forest infested with chirping birds. A 45 minute hike downhill, makes further steep descent through terraced fields to Kimrung Khola from where we will navigate a suspension bridge and hike to Gurjung. The trail makes a steep climb after Gurjung for 45 minutes and is ensued by a straight walk to Chhumrung ( 2170 m ). The hike from Tadapani to Chhumrung is approx. 4-5 hours. Overnight stay at a losdge.
- Day 08-Trek to Doban ( 2630 metres ):-The trail is a 310 metre descent on stone staircases then followed by crossing the Chhumrung Khola bridge. It again, makes an ascent to Sinuwa ( 2340 m ). The hike now mes moderate and goes through rhododendron forests that are adorned with exotic orchids and wild ferns, then it's downhill on a stone staircase to Bamboo. A lunch break is followed by a hike through a soothingly cool forest and takes us to Doban after an hou. Overnight stay at a lodge.
- Day 09-Trek to Deurali (3230 metres ):-We take a tranquil walk to Himalaya from Doban. The term Annapurna roughly translates to 'The Mother who Feeds' and is revered by Hindus. Without her existence, we will endure starvation. . A shrine dedicated to her is located in Kashi on the banks of the river Ganges. Her association with the offering food manifested into Goddess Laxmi, the Goddess of Wealth. Thus, mother nature needs to be revered and respected. Overnight stay at a lodge.
- Day 10-Trek to Annapurna Base Camp or ABC ( 4130 metres ):-Beyond Deurali, the valley opens up and is not so steep. Trudging on stone staircases lead us to an avalanche prone area where we will not linger much because of risks. A further hike rewards us with magnificent views of majestic peaks The route now takes a left turn after Machhapuchhare Base Camp and hike is a pleasant one up to ABC despite the higher elevation and thinning of air; you will certainly start feeling the effects of higher altitude. It is advisable not to be in haste and walk at moderate pace. The base camp offers a panoramic 360 degree view of Himalayan giants like Annapurna ( 8091 m ), Annapurna South ( 7219 m ), Machhapuchhare ( 6997 m ) and other numerous adjoining peaks. Overnight stay at a lodge.
- Day 11-Trek down to Doban – Bamboo ( 2310 meters ):-After a hot beverage and hearty breakfast and stupendous mountain views, we descend to Doban or Bamboo via Machhapuchare Base Camp, Deurali and Himalaya. A rejuvenating tea and lunch break en route. Overnight stay at a lodge.
- Day 12-Trek to Jhinu ( 1780 metres ) :-We take 30 minute pleasant hike up through jungle from Bamboo to Sinuwa and then descend to Chhumrung Khola and trek up a long stone staircase to Upper Chhumrung. The trail down to Jhinu is steep. Refresh ourselves with lunch and take a 20 minute walk down to the hot springs for a muscle rejuvenating dip. Back to lodge and overnight stay.
- Day 13-Trek to Nayapool and drive to Pokhara:-A revitalizing breakfast and head to Nayapool via Birethanti. A 4-5 hour hike takes us to Nayapool from where we will drive back to Pokhara. Overnight at a hotel in Pokhara.
- Day 14-Drive to Kathmandu OR an Optional 25 minute flight:-Once again a scenic drive back to Kathmandu alongside the winding rivers. Last minute souvenir hunting in Kathmandu and an evening to reflect on your Annapurna adventure.Overnight at hotel
- Day 15-Departure:-We will see you off at the Tribhuvan International Airport on your departure to your home country.